Tuesday 9 January 2024

The build overview

On Friday I will be on the first of nine days off. I plan to get the remaining wood from the timber merchant, setup some of the tools I need in my garage space and start planning the build.

The first part to built will be the keyboard stack. From here I can then measure for the table it will sit on. Then I will build the organ bench to get the largest pieces out of the way. The table structure will then be used to make the rest. I plan to have a cabinet like curved structure for the touchscreens and music desk leading to an upper part which will house the speakers. Below the table will be hidden away with more curves and adornments.

How long this will all take is unknown. It depends on weather. How long I take to figure stuff out and my motivation. I also need to order a few more things and work on some electronic stuff to make the foot pistons work. This will require experimentation adding to the time. If I can get it done in nine days I will be happy but I don't want to rush like the last build and end up with a bodge job.

Expect plenty of pictures in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly Organlike

It is starting to get there. Now to decide where things will go, where to cut curves on the top. How much to adjust the bench down, etc