Friday 12 January 2024

Tools Setup

I managed to make good use of today tidying my garage and setting up the tools I'll need. In the sale over Christmas I managed to pick up a 10" 255mm table saw from a company called Rutlands. My previous one died a couple of years ago so now is a good time to get a new one.
I also picked up a router table to use my Triton JF001 router with. In the past I jave just used an mdf sheet with 2x4 legs as a router bench but this is more sturdy and allows me to do more.
An old pillar drill and planer thicknesser will come in handy. I also recommend a track saw for cutting large panels easily. They are like a circular saw but run along a track. My router can even attach to the track for long straight cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly Organlike

It is starting to get there. Now to decide where things will go, where to cut curves on the top. How much to adjust the bench down, etc