Tuesday 16 January 2024

Wiring Sustain Pedals

This evening I pulled out one of my Behringer UMX 61 keyboards and attached it to a computer with the program MIDIOX on so I could see the commands being sent. I needed to find a way to hook up sustain pedals easily, hopefully by connecting to the onboard buttons. After playing around with the keyboard and having some idea how the switches worked I purchased some 1/4" female mono jack sockets and hooked up my sustain pedal. I quickly found out that the top rail of the UMX 61 switch PCB works with the tip of the jack and that the bottom part worked with the main part of the jack.


From this I will now be able to wire in the amount of jack sockets I need and purchase some sustain pedals to work for my Cavaille-Coll foot pedals. I will need to solder a test one and fire up Hauptwerk tomorrow to make sure it truly works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly Organlike

It is starting to get there. Now to decide where things will go, where to cut curves on the top. How much to adjust the bench down, etc