Wednesday 17 January 2024

Behringer FCB1010 Modification

As part of the organ re-build I am going to keep the Behringer FCB1010 foot controller to use the two swell pedals. I decided to modify it though so the plastic was covered by a nice wood.

I opened the back of the unit and the two pedals are attached via four screws. The way the pedal works is it has a piece of plastic that transitions from black to clear. There is a light and a sensor detects how much light there is an turns that into the volume being full or off. Clever but simple.


You can tighten the screws up as well if you want a stiffer pedal once the bracket is free from the unit. It is simply a nyloc nut that a little spanner can hold and you can tigthen a screw.

I made the new Swell pedals out of some tulipwood that was just wider than the pedal itself. I screwed these on with some self-tapping screws from behind. I then sanded and rounded over the pedals and finished with some Danish Oil to give a lovely smooth feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly Organlike

It is starting to get there. Now to decide where things will go, where to cut curves on the top. How much to adjust the bench down, etc