Tuesday 16 January 2024

Bench Progress

Things are going slower than I hoped. I have cut and shaped two stretcher pieces for the bench but need to do one more for the bottom.

I used various tools jigsaw to make a curve, spindle sander and rasp file along with hand sanding.The router table was then used to add a 1/2" roundover to the sides.


I also cut the pieces to make the keyboard stack which I will work on while the glue is drying on the bench later. The sides are made from walnut and the base is 12mm plywood. The plywood will sit in a slot in the cheeks and have a solid walnut front.


The problem is it is so cold the glue isnt really working properly adding to the delays. I hope once the bench is out the way the main part of the organ console will come together quite quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly Organlike

It is starting to get there. Now to decide where things will go, where to cut curves on the top. How much to adjust the bench down, etc