Tuesday 16 January 2024

Bench Almost Complete

Today I cracked on and made two more stretcher bars for the lower part of the bench. It is too cold to glue so I switched to hiding screws and going to plug them. It is going to be painted anyway so they won't be seen.


Just some refining to do and adding some pieces along the top to attach the top to. Then preping it for sanding and paint.

Hopefully now this will be out the way tomorrow morning the keyboard stack will come along quick and the main table part of the organ console. After that it will be boxing it all in and hiding bits. I don't think I will finish by Saturday as I originally intended but I have a few days off at the end of next week so hopefully by the end of January this will be completed. We will see. I hope it doesn't take as long as Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia has taken...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly Organlike

It is starting to get there. Now to decide where things will go, where to cut curves on the top. How much to adjust the bench down, etc